6 Tips To Help You De-Stress
Monday 04th Nov 2019
2. Do something just for you: Often we focus so much on other people that we can forget to take care of ourselves – how about taking a warm bath with some favourite bubble bath and scented candles, making a nice meal, reading a book, or doing something which is all about you.
3. Get outside: Take a brisk walk in the fresh air, whether it’s cold, windy, rainy or sunny. Connect with the weather as an aid to destress and help stop any intrusive or stressful thoughts.
4. Music and the mind: Music can be great therapy, and a great way to unwind after a tough day – get comfy and put on your favourite sounds.
5. Stay active: hero Client Success Manager Alice says, “While being physically strong and mentally strong are different things, exercising can help improve the way we feel. Cardio activities such as running or swimming can really help to get the blood pumping, reduce adrenaline and cortisol, and stimulates the production of endorphins which reduce stress. Yoga is my go-to activity to support both physical and mental strength.”
6. Food for your mood: Your adrenal glands produce the main stress response hormones adrenaline, noradrenaline and cortisol – you can support the function of your adrenal glands by making sure you eat key nutrients such as Vitamin C and Magnesium. Vitamin C is found in most fresh fruit and vegetables – it is stored in the adrenal gland and is required to make cortisol. Magnesium is dramatically depleted in times of stress, and symptoms of deficiency often include fatigue, anxiety, insomnia and predisposition to stress. Include plenty of dark green leafy vegetables, wholegrains, nuts and seeds to supply adequate levels of magnesium to support both your body and mind.
To find out more about how hero can help support your team’s mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing, just get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org